Open Source Identity Solutions

I was asked by a colleague today to provide sources of analysis comparing Open Source IDM Solutions. I think they were looking for comparisons to closed source solutions but there is not a lot of that out there. I provided the following list as a starting point.

I generally like to save time (avoid searching for this again in the future) so I decided to put what I found here. If I am missing anything please let me know and I will update the list.

Provisioning/User Identity Management:

Comparisons:

SSO/Access Management/Authentication:

Federation

Directory Services:

Initiatives

About these ads

, , , , , ,

1. #1 by matt on August 28, 2012 - 9:58 am

Hey Brad – don’t forget about dotnetopenauth. It’s a .net library which can be used to enable OpenID, Oauth and IMI.

2. #2 by Will on August 28, 2012 - 1:07 pm

Hi Brad,

gluu.org also has an open source OpenID Connect platform called the OX.

It’s been getting interest from a number of telecom carriers and was just deployed by a major electronics manufacturer in a new line of tv devices.

3. #3 by ken on April 29, 2013 - 7:37 pm

Hey Brad new address for joshuatree is jts.us

• #4 by Brad Tumy on April 29, 2013 - 7:40 pm

Hey Ken. Thanks for letting me know about the new address. I’ll update the link as soon as I can.

4. #5 by M. Reddy on May 2, 2013 - 3:12 pm

Hello Brad, Thank you for these links.

Is Oracle Fedlet not available anymore? Do you know?

I am trying to locate the ZIP file(Oracle-OpenSSO-Fedlet.zip) following one of your previous posts from 2012 on using Fedlet for federation. So far I have been unsuccessful in locating it. Is it now packaged into another installation package like the Fusion Middleware or something like that, do you know?

I am particularly interested in in using Oracle Fedlet based on the documentation I have read which talks about the simple implementation and small footprint qualities.

Any pointers you can provide would be very helpful.

M. Reddy

• #6 by Brad Tumy on May 2, 2013 - 3:21 pm

I’ll need to check to see if they have moved the link. But it’s still available as far as I know. I’ll update the post if I find the new URL.